Mediation - ComplaintsAll accredited NMAS (National Mediator Accreditation System) and FDR practitioners (Family Dispute Resolution) must have access to a complaints mechanism that covers their dispute resolution services, and they are obliged to provide information about their complaints process before providing dispute resolution services.

If you wish to make a complaint about your experience with an accredited dispute resolution practitioner, you should directly raise your complaint with the practitioner in the first instance.

Complaints about a mediator/family dispute resolution practitioner will only be accepted and investigated within 28 days of the mediation session being held. Matters submitted outside of this time period will not be considered.

If the FDR practitioner works for a government funded service such as a Family Relationship Centre please contact the organisation directly in the first instance.

For further information please email


If you make a complaint about a practitioner, any personal information you provide will be collected for the purposes of identifying you as the complainant. If it is deemed necessary, your personal information and the substance of your complaint may be passed to the practitioner concerned in order for them to respond to the issues raised.

We will not disclose your personal information to anyone not named in the complaint. If you do not provide suitable identifying information we will not take action on your complaint.

For information about our complaints handling guidelines please click here.

Follow Us

FacebookTwitterOur YouTube Channel